2013 On-Premise Wine Trends
October 3, 2013 § Leave a comment
Here are some highlights from Winemetrics’ recently published 2013 On-Premise Wine Distribution Report :
1. Wine lists are getting smaller. We reviewed 50 casual chain from 2013 and our previous survey and discovered that the average BTB (by-the-bottle) listings fell from an average of 30 listings to 28.
2. Hot varieties are stealing share from more established varieties. Moscato, Red Blends, Malbec and Prosecco all posted robust growth in 2013 but Cabernet Sauvignon, Sauvignon Blanc and Syrah/Shiraz lost share.
3. Argentina and Italy increased share; France, Australia, Chile and South Africa had double-digit share losses.
4. Italian Pinot Grigio/Gris grew at the expense of its U.S. producers of this popular variety.
5. While U.S. wines increased share by 2%, Washington State accounts for much of this growth. Oregon wines lost share
For more information regarding wines on-premise visit http://www.winemetrics.com